Sunday, September 4, 2011

New Prints, first ones since school has started!

This is the largest print I have done so far. It is a bit light in color so I am going to rework the plate and see if that helps. The plate is about twenty-one inches long, not sure of the exact measurements. The image is the skeleton of a penguin, mostly like the torso/abdomen area.

Close up of the Penguin

This is the head of an elephant, the large purple part the knob where the ear projects out. The yellow part is the collar bone and the blue green stuff is the top of the spine and ribs. I think the painting came out too sloppy on this on.

The first elephant ghost print.

The second elephant ghost print.

This is another version of the elephant. I think this one is the only truly successful print I did yesterday. This is more what I am going for.

This was a mix of the second and third elephant versions, but these are ghosts.

The third elephant version and I think it ended up too sketchy.

Experiment with really watery paints. I am thinking of adding the skeleton over top and see what happens.

My studio, as of now. All the stuff I am using to work with is spread out over the rest of the room though, but I decorated!

No comments:

Post a Comment